Friday, October 9, 2009

It was all about the music

I fought with the idea of going back to streaming music and the music won.  So today I rented a stream & will begin 'deejaying' once or twice a week for kicks.  R&B & Hip Hop music is such a culturally driven art much like Heavy Metal & Country.  These are sounds that people grow up with and it's embedded into their personalities.  Whenever I hear or read a comment about how a person can't stand a certain genre of music, it irks me a little because it seems so closed minded especially in SL.  If you go to a club for the contest don't turn off the music as soon as you hear one song, give it a chance, listen to the lyrics, the underlying rhythm and I promise you it will surprise you how much in common it has to your favorite genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment